PUBLIC NOTICE – For Immediate Release Coronavirus Update: March 23, 2020
Posted: 3/13/2020 1:14 PM
PUBLIC NOTICE – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – MARCH 23, 2020
The Governor of Pennsylvania has issued a Stay at Home order for Bucks County. If leaving your house will save a life, than you can leave your house. Otherwise, stay home. If you must leave, it is very important to ensure you are following social distancing to protect you and your family from this illness. Keep a distance of 6 feet from others, only leave your house if the action is required to sustain life. A few examples of life sustaining reasons to leave your home are going to the grocery store, pharmacy, doctors office, or a hospital. If you absolutely must travel, gas stations will remain open. Do not travel in groups, please go to the grocery store alone to prevent crowding, and limit personal interaction with others.
PUBLIC NOTICE – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – MARCH 20, 2020
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the order from Governor Wolf on March 19, 2020, all non-essential personnel are no longer working in Township facilities. Staff are monitoring voice messages and email remotely and will respond as soon as possible. All Trash & recycling collection will continue as schedule. If you have any trash related issues, call Mascaro at 1-800-432-1616.
PUBLIC NOTICE – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – MARCH 19, 2020
Northampton Township Park Closures
In an effort to keep our Community safe and to encourage the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendation of “social distancing”, all park facilities including the restrooms, playgrounds, basketball courts, tennis courts, hockey rinks and athletic fields are closed effective Friday, March 20, 2020 and will remain closed until further notice. Park Trails will remain open for walking, jogging and bicycling use only. When using the multi-use trails please be courteous of the other users and continue to practice social distancing.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this extraordinary time!
PUBLIC NOTICE – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – MARCH 16, 2020
FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION AFFECTING NORTHAMPTON TOWNSHIP, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL ALERTS AT www.northamptontownship.com
In response to the Governor’s directive on Thursday, March 12, 2020, Northampton Township will begin mitigation practices to help slow and prevent the spread of the coronavirus/COVID-19.
THE TOWNSHIP WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE ESSENTIAL SERVICES, SUCH AS POLICE, FIRE, AND TRASH COLLECTION.
ALL OTHER TOWNSHIP FACILITIES ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Non-essential services such as tax collection, financial services, program registrations, and permitting will only occur through email, online and telephone. All in-person “over the counter” Township services will, subject to evolving conditions with COVID-19, cease operations until further notice.
The Township will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 carefully. All Township Boards, Commissions, and Committee meetings are cancelled until further notice. Any change in meetings will be posted in advance of the meetings on the Township website (www.northamptontownship.com), the Government Access Channel (Comcast Channel 22 and Verizon Channel 24), and our Police Facebook page (@NTPD54).
The public will still be able to interact with Township personnel via phone and email. A breakdown of Department services can be found below. Visit www.northamptontownship.com for a Department email address:
• Administration - (215) 357-6800 ext. 201
• Building & Codes - (215) 355-3883
- All new zoning, building, or other applications will be processed via mail and online.
- Inspections will be scheduled on a case-by-case basis. Call to determine eligibility.
- The public will still be able to interact with Code Enforcement personnel via phone and email. Residents are encouraged to call the Code Enforcement Office to discuss their applications.
• Finance Department - (215) 357-6800
- The Finance Department will continue to process accounts payable/receivable. Questions? Call the following extensions:
- Accounts Payable: ext. 278
- Accounts Receivable: ext. 240
• Fire Services
- In the event of an emergency, please call 9-1-1. DO NOT HESITATE!
- The Fire Department is in FULL EMERGENCY SERVICE providing 100% coverage 24/7.
- All community events are suspended until further notice.
- Fire Services personnel can be reached at (215) 357-8277 (Station 3) NON-EMERGENCY ONLY
• Front Desk
- The Front Desk window at the Township Building is closed to the public. Please call (215) 357-6800 to reach the receptionist.
- PLEASE DO NOT come to the Township Building
• Parks and Recreation
- Recreation Center is closed until further notice. All Preschool, Classes, Workshops, Special Events, Rentals, and sports programs are cancelled at the Rec Center, Senior Center, Welch Elementary, Holland Middle School and Wrightstown Elementary.
- All park facilities including the restrooms, playgrounds, basketball courts, tennis courts, hockey rinks and athletic fields are closed.
- Park Trails will remain open for walking, jogging and bicycling use only.
- All programs sponsored by Northampton Township are suspended.
- Please check www.northamptonrec.com for updates.
- The Parks & Recreation window at the Township Building is closed to the public. P&R personnel will be available to answer all questions via phone at (215) 357-6800 ext. 249.
- Trails and open space in Township Parks remain open for public use; however, playgrounds are not sanitized, use at your own discretion.
- Township athletic fields are closed to organized sports leagues.
- Restrooms facilities are closed
• Police Department
- In the event of an emergency, please call 9-1-1. DO NOT HESITATE!
- The Police Department is in FULL EMERGENCY SERVICE providing 100% coverage 24/7.
- Police services personnel can be reached for NON-Emergencies at (215) 357-8700.
- Headquarters Business, call (215) 322-6111
- The Police Department will be issuing response and safety announcements directly to the public during this emergency on the Police Facebook page (@NTPD54)..
• Trash Collection
- Refuse collection will continue as scheduled
• Public Works
- Street maintenance, and traffic signal operations will continue as usual.
- For service needs related to Public Works, please call (215) 357-6800 ext. 216.
• Northampton Township Library – (215) 357-3050
- Keep all “Checked Out Items”
- Patrons will not be charged any overdue fees or fines during the time that the Library is closed.
- The Drop Box located on the side of the building is CLOSED. Do not leave any books outside.
• Northampton Valley Country Club – (215) 355-2234
- Banquet Facilities are closed until further notice
- The Bar & Grill Room are closed until further notice
- The Golf Course is closed until further notice
• Tax Office
- The Tax Office Personnel will be available by phone at (215) 357-1343.
- Walk-Up Window Closed.
- Tax payments may be placed in the Drop Box located on the Upper Holland side of the building. If you want a receipt, please include a self-addressed envelope.
- Visit www.twptax.com for more information.
• Northampton Bucks County Water & Sewer Authority
- Northampton’s public water supply is safe.
- Personnel will be available by phone at (215) 357-8515.
- Authority payments may be placed in the Drop Box located on the Upper Holland side of the building. If you want a receipt, please include a self-addressed envelope.
- Visit www.nbcmatoday.com for more information.
Updated: March 16, 2020