Recycling is collected the same day as household refuse.
- Recyclables are collected in a separate truck from household waste.
- Single-stream recycling allows residents to place cans, bottles, plastics, newspapers, cardboard, etc. all together in one recycling container, with no need to separate them. Plastic bags cannot be used.
Specific Materials Acceptable to Recycle:
- Paper and cardboard materials
- Newspaper, inserts, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, envelopes, file folders, office white, colored and computer paper (staples and paper clips OK), cereal, tissue, gift boxes, etc. (remove liners) paper bags, phone books, wrapping paper (remove metallic paper, bows, etc.)
- Cardboard boxes that are too big for your recycle bin must be flattened and placed next to your recycling container for pickup
- Aluminum cans (beer and soda) aluminum foil, foil plates and containers, metal food cans and their lids (tin/steel)
- Glass bottles and jars (food and drink only)
- Plastic bottles and containers labeled #1 through #7 (soda, water, milk, juice, liquor, shampoo, detergent, condiments, salad dressing, yogurt, margarine)
Unacceptable Materials for Recycling:
- Ceramics, dishes, coffee cups, drinking glasses, glass ovenware, Pyrex, window glass, mirrors, light bulbs, plastics without #1-#7 labeling, plastic bags, Styrofoam packaging, bubble wrap, tissues, paper towels, metallic or coated paper, waxed boxes, books, toys.